Time for an update! Think I'll use bullet form, as it's more concise.
- I am royally sick of coughing. As far as I can tell, the only time I've been cough free this year is when I'm taking prednisone. I might resort to that one more time before I see my doc next month, since I have a refill and since the coughing is getting to be pretty much unbearable. I thought it was improving there for awhile, but either I was mistaken or the cough changed its mind and came back with friends.
- The latest update from Pakistan is that those friends of ours who have lost their homes are going to be moving in to the housing on the compound where we used to live. So our empty house will be useful again, yay! Seems like there is more rain coming up north, and that will swell the river again and the whole mess could start all over. :-( I'm praying otherwise!
- I just got back from a trip to New Jersey for a conference that was a nice break and a good time of visiting people we don't see often -- it would have been more relaxing if I could have coughed less throughout!
- I am getting organized to go to Wisconsin for a week, partly to touch base with my dad and my son, but also to attend my 35th class reunion. I'm really looking forward to that, it will be fun! I had a great time at the last one, and I don't expect it to be any different this time around. I'm looking forward to see friends I haven't seen for years, as well as the ones that I see every time I visit my home town.
- The deadline for the Finish-a-thon I am taking part in, trying to get some more chapters written on Lords of Gondor, is coming up on Friday. I am afraid I'm not going to make it, though I will go down trying. I committed to 8,000 words, and I have only produced 2,000 so far -- though there is at least one chapter brewing that should be ready this week and which will up the count a bit. Hopefully I'll have some time to work on this goal AND have the concentration it takes to actually stick to it to try to make it happen. Concentration is rather lacking these days. ;-)